Saturday, September 25, 2010

School Time

School has definitely begun! Back to our routines, a bit of an adjustment at first, though things are doing just fine now! Mason (3) and Jaxon (1) both go to Spartan Station at Murray High they love it there.

Mason has turned into a real smarty he can write his name, knows the numbers up to 10, and recognizes lots of the letters! We've also been practicing a song that teaches him the sounds of the letters.

Jaxon has been adjusting to the daycare pretty well, he still cries when I drop him off, but knowing that his favorite buddy Matt, one of the teachers, will be there at eight eases my mind a bit. He, as well as Andy and I, have been loving his new found freedom of walking, following
Mason, Kitty, and Marshall around the house is his new favorite entertainment!

Andy, still at Murray High, is back to his busy fall schedule coaching golf and teaching just math this year! He's just about finished with the boys golf season and will coach girls golf in the spring. Now most of us would have a difficult time calling that work! But I think the new schedule of teaching only math makes up for all the golf time.

As for me, I have a new-found joy in teaching. I have always loved my job, but have recently made a switch in districts and have moved to a different school, Brookwood Elementary. Brookwood is quite an opposite extreme of where I had been before. I am teaching morning kindergarten and my schedule is not so restricted and leaves some time for me to teach enjoyable things like the 5 senses, colors, & feelings to begin with. Not to mention this job is much closer to home, yahoo! No more hour long commutes in the winter!

Of course now that it's football season, we are back out cheering for the Utes in the north end zone of the Rice Eccles Stadium. Mason and Jaxon have gone to a couple tailgates and a game too, we are building a couple of little ultimate Ute fans! Another recent outing we had was to the Utah State Fair! It was just as I remembered it as a kid! It was so stinking hot, but we managed to get some giggly laughs out of both of the boys along with some real smiles with the excitement of the animals and the rides and we also ended up with a couple of sleepyheads by evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment